Alexis Bachelor, Alli Restko Bachelor, Amy J Bachelor, Amy L. Bachelor, Andi Dorfman Bachelor, Ashley Poe Bachelor, Bachelor, bachelor 18, bachelor part 1 recap, bachelor recap, bachelor review, bachelor season 18, bachelor show recap, bachelor show summary, Cassandra Bachelor Chantel Bachelor, Chelsie Bachelor, Christine Bachelor, Christy Bachelor, Clare Bachelor, countdown to juan Pablo, countdown to juan pabloe recap, Danielle Bachelor, Desiree Hartsock, Elise Bachelor, juan Pablo, Juan Pablo Galavis, Kat Bachelor, Kelly Bachelor, Kylie Bachelor, Lacy Bachelor, Lauren H. Bachelor, Lauren S. Bachelor, Lucy Bachelor, Maggie Bachelor, Nikki Bachelor, Renee Bachelor, Sharleen Bachelor, the bachelor show, Valerie Bacehlor, Victoria Bachelor
Tonight was part 1 of The Bachelor Season 18 premier: Countdown to Juan Pablo. The show begins with clips of the girls’ casting videos and highlighting some of their talents, which ranged from opera singing and hula-hooping to trumpet playing and head stands. One girl even put her fist in her mouth. They also revealed some of the girls’ reactions when Chris Harrison and the camera crew go to surprise the women and tell them they have officially been selected as Bachelor contestants. As always, the majority of the girls express their eagerness to meet their “future husband”. Many of them also talk about wanting to learn Spanish to impress him.
Juan Pablo, 32, is a former professional soccer player from Venezuela and is also a single dad. After being kicked off after Week 6 of Desiree Hartsock‘s season, Juan is now the first non-Caucasian Bachelor(ette).
We’re also given a little peak into Juan’s life in hometown Miami, FL. While the highlights show him working out, playing soccer and practicing his English, it is very clear that his number one priority in his life is his daughter– 4 year old Camila. It is quite endearing to see how much he enjoys spending time and playing with his daughter, and he is quick to gush about his appreciation for her and the importance she plays in his life. He says he is hoping for more kids and a step mom for Camila. Juan introduces viewers to his large and “crazy” Miami family– from aunts and uncles to grandparents and cousins– some of who offered some advice to him– like waiting 15 minutes and brushing his teeth in between make out sessions, and to be extremely patient.
Gia also got a special segment of the show for the Bachelor family to remember and honor her. It included clips of Gia talking about her perspective on love (“I love anyone who allows me to love them”), friendships (“I love everyone, I am honest, I would give someone the shirt of my back, and I want the best for the people in my life”), and past Bachelor cast members sharing their memories with and about Gia before she passed away in 2013 from suicide.
At the end, a sneak peak of the upcoming season is revealed, including Juan getting advice from Sean Lowe, the first cocktail night, romantic and adventurous dates and, of course, the usual string of gossip, crying, and backstabbing.
The Bachelor Season 18 Cast & Bios
- Alexis, 24, Communications Director, Tampa, Fl
- Alli Restko, 26, Miami OH university graduate from Chicago, IL
- Amy J., 31, Massage Therapist from Apopka, FL
- Amy L., 27, Local News Reporter from Clermont, FL
- Andi Dorfman, 26, Assistant District Attorney in Buckhead, GA
- Ashley Poe, 25 First Grade School Teacher from Denton, Texas, previously a beauty queen
- Cassandra, 21 former NBA dancer from Shelby Township, MI
- Chantel, 27, Account Manager from Miami, FL
- Chelsie, 24, Science Educator from Lexington, OH
- Christine, 23, Police Report Specialist from Miami, FL
- Christy, 24, Marketing Manager from Aurora, IL
- Clare, 32, Hairstylist from Sacramento, CA
- Danielle, 25, Psychiatric Nurse from Litchfield, IL
- Elise, 27, First Grade Teacher from Forty Fort, PA
- Kat, 29, Medical Sales Rep, Iowa City, IA
- Kelly, 27, Dog Lover from Conyers, GA
- Kylie, 23, Interior Designer from Rockford, IL
- Lacy, 25, Nursing Home Owner from Antelope Acres, CA
- Lauren H., 25, Mineral Coordinator from Edmond, OK
- Lauren S., 26, Music Composer from Detroit, MI
- Lucy, 24, Free Spirit from Santa Barbara, CA
- Maggie, 24, Personal Banker from Wagener, SC
- Nikki, 26, Pediatric Nurse from Kearney, MO
- Renee, 32, Real Estate Agent, Martha’s Vineyard, MA
- Sharleen, 29, Opera Singer from Ottawa, Canada
- Valerie, 26, Personal Trainer from Sutter, CA
- Victoria, 24, Legal Assistant from Porto Alegre, Brazil